As part of the LIVE_FOR project, the first LIVE_FOR educational workshop: “European Investigation Order and Digital Forensics” will take place in March 2018.
The workshop will be held in two parts:
- Webinar on March 7, 2018
- Face-to-face training event on March 14, 2018 in CSIC, Rue du Trône 62 Brussels, Belgium Brussels
Key topics of the workshop include:
- European Investigation Order (EIO) - Procedure, scope, issuing, transmitting, practical issues and experiences
- Future steps – Plans of the European Commission to simplify judicial cooperation
- Digital Forensics – General overview, gathering evidence from cloud services
- Simulation game – How to issue an EIO on digital forensics measures
The webinar will focus on the procedure of the EIO as well as basics of digital forensics. During the face-to-face event, participants shall apply their theoretical knowledge in a simulation game, connecting both, legal and technical sides of cross border access, to evidence in the cloud.
The topics will be presented by the following experts:
- Toma Milieskaite, Seconded National Expert to the European Commission, DG Justice / Researcher on EIO
- Lodewijk van Zwieten, Public Prosecutor on Cybercrime, Seconded National Expert to Eurojust
- Emmanuelle Legrand, Investigative Judge, European Commission DG Justice
- Antonio Rodriguez, Politechnical University of Catalunya (UPC), Information Systems Engineer in Cybersecurity
- Paul Lambert, Head of Digital Forensics Group at UK HM Revenue & Customs
More detailed information about the workshop, detailed programme and the registration page are available on the workshop web page.